Business Development Graduate Student Intern (Part Time)
12-24 hours per week
up to 6 months commitment
Location: Cambridge, MA OR Remote
Paid internship (hourly wage)
Role & Responsibilities
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Business Development Graduate Student Intern to join our team on a part time basis. This position will largely focus on identifying opportunities to augment the company’s inflammation and immunology (I&I) portfolio. You will be a critical member of our Business Development team and collaborate across a multidisciplinary group to help shape, develop, and execute growth strategies related to external transactions and partnerships. This position will report to our Director, Business Development.
In this role, you will:
- Execute strategy to identify and assess in-bound opportunities (licensing, asset acquisitions, partnerships) to augment company’s portfolio over the mid-to-long term.
- Perform internet and literature searches to identify novel scientific approaches within relevant areas of I&I and generate a deal pipeline on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct market research, including leveraging KOL, to help inform decisions and support business case generation, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary group including BD, Discovery, Development, Finance, IP, etc.
- Assist with due diligence efforts on new opportunities.
- Support additional ongoing business development activities.
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
PhD student in life sciences or MBA student with a strong scientific background
Prior experience on the business side of the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry (e.g., prior internship, temporary projects)
Keen interest in identifying new opportunities in licensing, asset acquisitions and partnerships
Willingness and ability to commit 12-24 hours per week over a period of up to 6 months to deliver on the above responsibilities
Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment.
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.