Director of Facilities
Director of Facilities
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Director of Facilities to join our growing team! This role will be responsible for Nimbus’ enterprise-wide strategy for facilities and site services and play an integral role in the planning for a likely office move. In addition, this role will manage day-to-day maintenance of facilities, space planning and design, vendor management, and building management liaison. This role will report to our Chief People Officer and work collaboratively with functional leaders, employees, vendors, landlords, and local authorities.
Excellent customer-orientation, communication (written and verbal), organization skills, and creative problem solving are required for success in this position. The candidate must have a high level of professionalism, be capable of working independently with less direct oversight from leadership and be willing to take accountability and ownership of issues and concerns to drive exceptional results.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement a best-in-class facilities operations plan including developing processes, continuous improvement initiatives and tools to enhance rigor within space planning and utilization
- Direct Nimbus’ Real Estate strategy, incorporating company growth projections and strategic milestones
- Identify and coordinate with architects and general contractors to build out next space for Nimbus
- Collaborating with senior leadership and employee stakeholders to space and facility needs that also align with Nimbus’ company culture
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective and timely exchange of project information, expectations, and deliverables
- Oversee all operational and planning aspects of the facilities management including maintenance and repair, custodial, functions and set-ups, and building systems
- Work with vendors to ensure Nimbus’ facilities are in good working order, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, furnishings and waste management. Communicate directly with vendors and building management to report facility issues and proactively provide solutions.
- Continually assess business and operational risk associated with existing and future facilities and develop mitigation and maintenance strategies to address
- Provide oversight and strategic guidance to team members responsible for delivering services and amenities for Nimbus staff working onsite, including: reception, badge issuance, parking, etc.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful outcomes
- Forecast, track, and manage project budgets, POs, and invoices
- Coordinate appropriate resources (technical & non-technical) to meet project needs
- Coordinate teams to implement projects and services with optimal efficiency, on time and within budget
- Develop effective partnerships and work collaboratively with business partners (HR, Finance, IT, etc.)
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- 10-15 years of relevant, progressive work experience in Facilities or Operations (required)
- Demonstrated project management experience and excellent project management and organizational skills to prioritize multiple work streams, deadlines, and balance opposing priorities (required)
- Strong customer orientation that enables Facilities to align business goals with customer needs and creatively problem solve to determine solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skill with proven ability to communicate effectively across all departments and levels of the organization
- Strong expertise and proven track record in process improvement
- Flexible and adaptable working style that enables work in a fast-paced working environment and work in a diplomatic and tactful manner with others
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.