Senior Director of Contracts, Legal
About the job
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Senior Director of Contracts, Legal to join our team. The Senior Director of Contracts, Legal will be responsible for independently overseeing the contracts function in support of Nimbus’ discovery and development efforts. This individual will oversee a wide variety of contracts with CROs in the US and outside the US. This role will report to our Chief Business Officer and collaborate cross-functionally in tandem with the procurement team.
In this role, you will:
- Review and negotiate Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Master Consulting Agreements, Consulting Appendices, Amendments, Clinical Contracts and other agreements in accordance with Nimbus’ business structure, legal standards and project timelines
- Approve all contracts pre-signature
- Assist with, serve as resource, and review BD Contracts
- Serve as contact for legal contract questions within and outside the company
- Interface with external contracts attorneys
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures (templates, tools, documents, etc.) internally to standardize work flow and manage risk. Communicate processes/procedures to internal team as needed
- Ensure contract repository is accurate and up to date
- Maintain relationships with counterparts at CROs/vendors; address or delegate vendor queries and issues
- Understand vendor service offerings and stay current with industry trends and the legal and regulatory landscape
- Partner with Senior Contracts / Procurement Specialists on training colleagues on contracts processes & procedures
- Complete special projects including supporting deal transactions and collaborating on department-wide or company-wide initiatives, as requested
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- A J.D or a Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 8-10 years experience drafting, negotiating, and executing contracts in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Thorough understanding of the contract process, including contract evaluation, negotiation, approval and execution
- Knowledge of the Drug Discovery and Development process
- Demonstrated business acumen; skilled at integrating legal advice with business acumen and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with CROs
- Familiarity with Conga Contracts Management software systems (preferred) and Office 365 Suite experience (required)
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Preferred familiarity with Compliance/Quality Systems
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~40 person, biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution ). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Find out more at www.NimbusTx.com
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.