Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry
Nimbus Therapeutics has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry to join our team and contribute to Nimbus’ goal to advance multiple protein structure-enabled, small molecule drug discovery campaigns from hit identification through development candidate. This role will progress projects through scientific organizational leadership, cheminformatic management, and scientific decision-making. This role will report to our Executive Director of Medicinal Chemistry.
In this role, you will:
- Support multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Implement and execute medicinal and synthetic chemistry strategies on projects
- Support projects by organizing/managing data sets and analyzing data trends to surface key correlations to help guide medicinal and/or synthetic chemistry
- Provide organizational, scientific, and managerial leadership in an outsourced medicinal chemistry environment
- Collaborate effectively across chemistry teams and other departments and functions to execute successfully on portfolio projects
- Contribute to the overall scientific strategy and success of Nimbus
These qualifications will help this role be successful:
- PhD with 5+ years’ experience or Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with 10+ years’ experience in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
- Drug discovery and synthetic chemistry experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with a track record of medicinal and synthetic chemistry success
- Experience with cheminformatics tools that can accelerate medicinal chemistry through analysis of structure-property and structure-activity relationships.
- Background in aspects of drug discovery including a working knowledge of ADME/PK, in vitro/in vivo pharmacology, and physicochemical property-driven optimization
- Experienced in all aspects of medicinal chemistry including use of tool/probe compound, hit follow-up, hit-to-lead chemistry, and lead optimization
- Experienced with computational chemistry tools that can help accelerate structure-based drug design preferred
- An effective and independent manager and collaborator, team player on multidisciplinary drug discovery teams
- Significant experience in leading and managing synthetic chemistry CRO activities
- A proactive scientist with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial expertise who motivates and inspires others to achieve project objectives
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
At Nimbus, we believe our diversity of backgrounds and experiences strengthens our community and our ability to design breakthrough medicines. We prioritize creating an inclusive, welcoming culture that promotes our core values and encourages every Nimbi to bring their whole selves to their work. Nimbus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate all our employees and recognize that our diversity and inclusion are keys to our success. Nimbus is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.