Director, Business Development
Nimbus Therapeutics has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and energetic Business Development professional to join our team. The Director, Business Development will drive ongoing business & corporate development activities, support in-licensing & out-licensing opportunities, establish & manage academic and corporate partnerships, provide strategic support for the leadership team, and coordinate cross-functional activities within the organization. This is an opportunity to contribute considerably to a top-tier, rapidly growing, private biotechnology company.
More specifically, the Director, Business Development will:
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to partner Nimbus’ drug discovery programs
- Drive analytical and quantitative analyses (e.g., forecasting, valuation, transaction & company comparable analyses) to support business development discussions
- Coordinate and participate in due diligence processes
- Support development and structuring of financial terms for in-licensing and out-licensing transactions
- Work cross-functionally with Company leaders in research, development, finance, and legal to support and drive Nimbus’s business development strategy and functions
- Establish collaborative relationships and maintain close communication with the senior management team and other key internal stakeholders to identify potential opportunities and ensure alignment on current projects
- Support scientific team(s) on developing and maintaining relationships with key scientific thought leaders; be the key liaison between the CSO and Scientific and Clinical Advisory Board Members
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for key internal and external potential partners and stakeholders by integrating and summarizing scientific, clinical, financial, and market information
The Qualifications We Are Seeking:
- A bachelor’s degree in the Sciences. Additionally, an MBA, graduate science degree, or practical business experience is preferred.
- 5-8+ years of work experience in life sciences business development with a tractable deal sheet
- Demonstrated ability and experience effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks across functional areas, weigh those appropriately with benefits of investment, and effectively frame business decisions for senior management
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentations skills
- Fundamental skills in working with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and industry databases (such as drug pipelines and deal databases)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
At Nimbus, we believe our diversity of backgrounds and experiences strengthens our community and our ability to design breakthrough medicines. We prioritize creating an inclusive, welcoming culture that promotes our core values and encourages every Nimbi to bring their whole selves to their work. Nimbus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value and celebrate all our employees and recognize that our diversity and inclusion are keys to our success. Nimbus is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.