Senior Staff Accountant
Nimbus Therapeutics is growing very quickly and is seeking an exceptional Senior Staff Accountant to join our organization. We uniquely structure our organization using multiple sub-entities and are in need of someone who can act as the accounting backbone for all current and future discovery an developmental programs. This role reports to our Senior Director of Accounting.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations and journal entries for Nimbus’ pre-clinical and clinical trial activities, including both prepaids and accruals. Own the month-end close process for separate but related programs.
- Support balance sheets for all related programs and the accounting for all accounts that include cash, prepaid expenses, tax credits, tad asset/liabilities and other accruals.
- Maintain and implement complex Excel models to track accruals for all entities and sub-entities. Analyze vendor spend in regard to accrual forecasting.
- Manage vendor invoice workflow for accounts payable activities. Review coding and Nimbus entity payment terms relative to contracts.
- Communicate with external vendors (ex: CROs) to ensure timeline accounting and validation of completion % and units completed.
- Review and cross-check vendor contracts for accounting implications.
- Develop relationships with internal program stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient accounting for all programs. Work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis Team.
- Prepare reports for financial statement analysis of Research & Development accruals, expenses, and prepaids.
- Identify and improve upon current processes to ensure robust accounting and reporting related to clinical trial and pre-clinical expenses. using unit accounting (including journal entries and account reconciliations) and completion %.
- Adhere to internal SOPs and assist in improving accounting documentational procedures.
- Perform additional accounting and reporting duties as requested, including review of general account reconciliations, and closing journal entries.
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance Required.
- 4+ years related accounting experience required.
- Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry experience / knowledge of R&D accounting activities highly preferred.
- CPA certification preferred but not required
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX preferred but not required
- Previous experience gathering and analyzing large sets of financial data while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to efficiently provide high quality work
- Strong Excel Skills
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.