Associate Director, Development Operations
Reporting to the Senior Director, Project Management, the Associate Director, Development Operations will drive operational excellence and business transformation, primarily within the Development organization at Nimbus. We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, results-oriented individual with the creativity, resourcefulness, and flexibility to excel in a growing company.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with Development Leadership Team members to optimize the Team’s effectiveness and decision making; facilitate team building and communication
- Manage and facilitate Development Leadership Team meetings including driving agendas, minutes, actions, decisions
- Help facilitate Development organization objectives as aligned with corporate strategy and track against objectives on quarterly basis
- Manage the planning and day-to-day execution of business projects, ensuring that deliverables are achieved and milestones are met; provide cross-functional activity tracking/oversight and contribute to development of longer-term strategy for the program in partnership with the DevLT
- Act as primary point of contact for Development for process improvement/change initiatives as they arise, getting appropriate input from subject matter experts, e.g., IT, HR, Finance, Procurement
- Responsible for facilitating discussions to identify and track Development organization risks and mitigation plans
- Manage and track resource needs/requests and liaise with HR on recruiting efforts for Development organization
- Manages contracts, MSAs, and CDAs with development consultants/vendors
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- Must have at 10+ years experience in R&D in pharma or biotech (some experience with small to medium-sized companies is preferred), with a minimum of 3 years in a project management or operations type role on interdisciplinary or cross-functional teams
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline is required; an advanced degree (PhD, MS, MBA, MD) in a field relevant to drug development is preferred
- Alliance management experience desirable
- Must have a proactive mindset with strong leadership, facilitation, teamwork, influence management, organizational skills, and ability to work independently
- Ability to deal with high levels of complexity and ambiguity required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, along with an ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively, skilled in conflict management/negotiation
- Highly proficient in utilizing project management best practices, project planning, and facilitative decision-making. Skilled in goal setting, prioritization, and time management
- Experience managing collaborations with consultants, pharmaceutical partners, CROs, and other external organizations is desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and information management skills; ability to interact with a diverse groups of individuals
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite
- Project Management Certification (PMP or equivalent) a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.