Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Role & Responsibilities
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Senior Director and Head of Corporate Communications to join our team. This individual will lead the development and implementation of Nimbus’ comprehensive, strategic corporate communications strategy to build identity, reputation and visibility across multiple stakeholders, including media, investors, patient advocacy groups, and employees. The person in this role will be an excellent communicator, strategist and brand ambassador for Nimbus with the talent for translating messages across multiple audiences. You will report to our Chief Business Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Drive corporate messaging to key stakeholders, including, investors, board members, potential partners, and the broader scientific / investment community.
- Own responsibility for creating and keeping up to date critical corporate messaging vehicles including company website, investor relations decks, and company activities on social media
- Coordinate cross-functionally, and provide strategic counsel to senior executives on matters related to corporate communications, announcements, and disclosures
- Lead/draft communications which cover key company milestones for management and board of directors
- Direct media relations program; establish and maintain excellent and productive relationships with healthcare, biotechnology business and local media; arrange interviews, prepare company spokespersons/act as a company spokesperson
- In partnership with HR and the senior leadership team, design and execute strategic internal communication plans to enhance employee engagement and promote understanding of business priorities and key initiatives
- Develop high-quality communications materials and messages, including press releases, fact sheets, talking points, social media and digital communications and Q&A documents
- Proactively and reactively manage corporate reputation and risk in traditional and social media, where appropriate
- Communicate the Nimbus story across multiple audiences while maintaining consistent themes
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- 10+ years of progressive communications experience; combination of PR agency and in-house experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree in life sciences or business combined with journalism, communications, or public relations
- Experience leading or playing a senior role in corporate communications for small/medium size biotechnology company
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and the ability to characterize complex scientific ideas into compelling corporate messaging
- Fluency in social and digital communications engagement and strategy
- A high level of initiative, a strong work ethic, creativity, and the ability to balance multiple assignments
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and engage with senior leaders as well as the confidence to coach them in a candid manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced, and evolving environment and a collaborative team-player both with internal colleagues and agency partners
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.