Accounts Payable Associate
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Accounts Payable Associate to join our team. The Accounts Payable Associate will work closely with the Accounting team and will be responsible for the accounts payable processing cycle including invoice processing and payment in accordance with internal controls; expense reimbursements; accounts payable inbox, ACH and check runs. The Accounts Payable Associate will be a key contributor in the monthly and quarterly close processes and will support the Accounting team in completing ad hoc projects as necessary. You will report to our Director of Accounting and Benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Process all accounts payables and ensure compliance, coding and approval into our accounting system
- Code and upload American Express expenses to ensure validity/receipts and proper signatures
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, vendors, and other stakeholders via email and phone support
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Research, resolve, and follow up on any discrepancies
- Develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients through effective and timely communications
- Review and process expense reports respond to employee questions
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Set up new vendors – obtain and maintain new vendor and W-9 forms
- Assist in the year end 1099 process
- Assist with annual property tax assessment
- Maintain vendor files
- Make bank deposits
- Prepare and coordinate check and ACH runs
- Other projects and duties as required to support the Accounting department
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- Associates Degree or minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience preferred
- A meticulous attention to details and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- A proven ability take initiative and work independently, as well as, to collaborate and pitch in as part of a team to achieve objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferred.
- The culture is highly creative, collaborative and upbeat with a focus on results. The individual will be a team player who proactively communicates and collaborates with other stakeholders to drive results.
- The Accounts Payable Associate will demonstrate uncompromising integrity and a strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.