Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Scientist, Chemistry to join our team. Our scientist will help progress projects through scientific organizational leadership, cheminformatic management, and scientific decision-making. Nimbus’ goal is to advance multiple protein structure-enabled, small molecule drug discovery campaigns from hit identification through development candidate. You will report to our Executive Director, Chemistry
Chemistry operations support across all discovery projects including compound registration, compound purchasing, managing CRO synthesis status, patent data workflow management, building and sharing visualizations to assist with project data analysis.
In this role, you will:
- Support projects by organizing/managing small molecule data sets and leveraging computational capabilities to support and complement medicinal and/or synthetic chemists
- Manage and implement cheminformatics strategies on project teams. Examples include compound registration/purchasing and patent data mining
- Provide organizational support in an outsourced chemistry environment
- Assist internal Nimbus projects in patent preparation
- Collaborate effectively across chemistry teams and other departments and functions to execute successfully on portfolio projects
- Support multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Contribute to the overall scientific strategy and success of Nimbus
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry
- 3+ years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with cheminformatics and computational tools that can accelerate medicinal chemistry through analysis and data mining
- A proactive scientist with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- An effective and independent contributor and collaborator on multidisciplinary drug discovery teams
- Experience with computational chemistry tools that can help accelerate structure-based drug design is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.