The Role & Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant at Nimbus
Responsibilities will include a wide range of accounting duties and contract group support.
Accounting duties including, but not limited to, accounts payables/receivables, fixed assets, bank and account reconciliation and other duties as needed.
More specifically, the Staff Accountant will:
- Process all account payables (ensure compliance and approval) and prepare check runs
- Code and upload American Express expenses and ensure proper signatures and receipts
- Resolve vendor issues and payable discrepancies
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Perform intercompany/fund account reconciliations
- Make bank deposits
- Assist with month-end close
- Participate in year-end tax reporting
- Work closely with the team
- Special requests/ad hoc reports
Contract group support involves using the Nimbus automated contracts management system and assisting the Nimbus Contracts Administrator in processing R&D contracts (Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Master Services Agreements). Activities will include:
- reviewing requests for contracts
- drafting contracts from templates
- distributing drafts to service providers and receiving their comments
- collecting signatures
- depositing signed contracts in the database
The Qualifications We Are Seeking
The ideal candidate has a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance. In addition, the candidate will possess the following:
- 1-2 years of accounting experience as a bookkeeper or staff accountant
- Excellent communication, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Excel, Great Plains
- Experience with multiple entities and inter-company transactions a plus
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to create efficiencies and automate where necessary
- Problem solving
- Degree in accounting/finance preferred
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~ 30 person biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.