Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry
The role & responsibilities of the Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry at Nimbus
Reporting to the Head of Chemistry, the Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry will combine scientific decision-making and organizational leadership to advance multiple protein structure-enabled, small molecule drug discovery campaigns from hit identification to development candidate.
The Senior Director, Medicinal Chemistry will:
- Lead multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams
- Design, implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies
- Establish partnering strategies to leverage external knowledge and capabilities
- Plan resource allocation to achieve project goals
- Provide strategic, scientific and managerial leadership in an outsourced medicinal chemistry environment
- Collaborate effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions
- Contribute to the overall scientific strategy of Nimbus
Qualifications We Are Seeking
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
- 12+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery and development, with working knowledge of ADME/PK, pharmacology and computational chemistry
- A record of success in application of structure-based drug design to the development of clinical candidates
- A thought leader in the drug discovery scientific community
- An effective leader of multidisciplinary drug discovery teams from hit identification to development candidate
- Extensive experience in leading synthetic chemistry CRO activities
- A leader with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial expertise who motivates and inspires others to achieve corporate scientific objectives
A snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together (company lunches and outings, running, rocking and even bowling from time to time!)