Senior Director/Director, Medicinal Chemistry
The role & responsibilities of the Senior Director/Director, Medicinal Chemistry at Nimbus
Reporting to the Head of Chemistry, the Senior Director/Director, Medicinal Chemistry will combine scientific decision-making and organizational leadership to advance multiple protein structure-enabled, small molecule drug discovery campaigns from hit identification through development candidate.
The Senior Director/Director, Medicinal Chemistry will:
- Lead multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams in a fast-paced, results-driven biotech environment
- Design, implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies
- Establish partnering strategies to leverage external knowledge and capabilities
- Plan and execute on resource allocation to achieve project goals
- Provide strategic, scientific and managerial leadership in an outsourced medicinal chemistry environment
- Collaborate effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions
- Contribute to the overall scientific strategy and success of Nimbus
Qualifications We Are Seeking
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry
- 10+ years of drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates
- Broad background in all aspects of drug discovery, with working knowledge of ADME/PK, target coverage, pharmacology, physicochemical property-driven optimization and computational chemistry
- A record of success in partnering with and leveraging computational chemistry for structure-based and property-based drug design of clinical candidates
- A thought leader in the drug discovery scientific community
- An effective leader of multidisciplinary drug discovery teams with experience in hit identification to development candidate and beyond
- Significant experience in leading synthetic chemistry CRO activities
- Experience with CMC/early development is a plus
- A leader with strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial expertise who motivates and inspires others to achieve corporate scientific objectives
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus Therapeutics designs breakthrough medicines. Utilizing its powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, Nimbus designs potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. The company’s LLC/subsidiary architecture enables diverse and synergistic partnerships to deliver breakthrough medicines. Nimbus is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. www.nimbustx.com.
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.