Senior Director, IT
The role & responsibilities of the Associate Director/Director, Business Development at Nimbus
Reporting to Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Director, IT will be responsible for evolving and leading the IT function of the company. The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic IT initiatives, including the IT infrastructure. This person will collaborate closely with members of the leadership team, internal and external partners across different disciplines to ensure effective prioritization, development and coordinated execution of information technology activities while delivering initiatives that improve scientific and business execution. The role will also maintain legal and regulatory compliance in all IT operations, including information security.
The Senior Director, IT will:
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization
- Develop and maintain an appropriate 2-4 year IT roadmap and organizational structure that supports the needs of the business
- Align use of various platforms to deliver a more streamlined user experience
- Find solutions to enable Nimbus to maintain and enhance our distributed outsourced model
- Assess infrastructure and technology-related risks and establish mitigative measures
- Develop training required for employee population to transition to and best utilize new technology
- Supervise and enable efforts of Manager, IT & Facilities
- Coordinate with the R&D team to support the implementation of tools for computational chemistry, structural biology, medicinal chemistry and clinical operations
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures
- Maintain and evolve IT processes and procedures
- Perform business analytics & project management for IT related projects
- Manage third-party vendor relationships and assess quality of deliverables
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable FDA and other applicable laws and regulations
- Assess and work to mitigate risk across the company related to information technology and usage
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices – advise, counsel, and educate leadership on their competitive or financial impact
The Qualifications We Are Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum: 10 -12 years of experience managing IT service delivery, preferably in life sciences and having experience in small startup or early stage companies with a demonstrated track record of growth and IT accomplishments
- Ability to think strategically and understand trends in technology, along with being able to translate these trends into opportunities for ongoing improvement
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and external resources
- Excellent written and communication skills, including engagement and communication with ‘C’ suite executives
- Strong people management skills; Ability to bring groups together on a common goal
- Qualities of integrity and respect for the team
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical business practices including research and development
- Experience with Information Security concepts, tools and best practice preferred
- Strong project management skills; experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors; ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Ability to work as part of a team
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.