Senior Desktop Engineer
The Role & Responsibilities of the Senior Desktop Engineer at Nimbus
Nimbus Therapeutics has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional Senior Desktop Engineer to join our team. The Senior Desktop Engineer position is responsible for providing end-user support as well as supporting our scientific applications and improving our existing systems and infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to contribute considerably to a top-tier, rapidly growing, private biotechnology company.
More specifically, this Senior Desktop Engineer will support the IT function and cross- functionally with Nimbus’ Science and Informatics teams and will assume responsibilities such as:
- Deliver best-in-class customer service to our fellow Nimbi.
- Lead and provide technical and project management of new desktop solutions.
- Maintain and support scientific software, mobile and workstation applications, Antivirus, Hard Disk encryption, and others.
- Contribute to the improvement of system performance and reliability.
- Identify operational problems, root-cause analysis and manage improvements, while documenting methods of troubleshooting and correction for future use.
- Discuss and consult on technical requirements with others, both inside and outside of IT.
The qualifications we are seeking:
- 5 years of experience in desktop engineering
- 2 years’ experience working in the Life Sciences industry
- Experience with SSO and MFA (preferably JumpCloud, but experience with other identity & access providers is also applicable)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Powershell, Bash, Python)
- Experience administering and tuning both PC and Mac computers
- Ability to operate in a cloud environment such as AWS
- Believer in automation and documentation
- Experience working with software teams and using source control, preferably Bit Bucket
- Consummate team player – able to teach as well as learn from others
- Ability to contribute in a dynamic, evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus Therapeutics designs breakthrough medicines. Utilizing its powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, Nimbus designs potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. The company’s LLC/subsidiary architecture enables diverse and synergistic partnerships to deliver breakthrough medicines. Nimbus is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. www.nimbustx.com.
We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.