Medicinal Chemistry Leader
The Role & Responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemistry Leader at Nimbus
Reporting to Senior VP, Chemistry, candidates will have successfully combined scientific decision-making, people management and organizational effectiveness to advance multiple structure-enabled, small molecule drug discovery campaigns from screening to development candidate.
The ideal applicant will have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative environment effectively coordinating multiple distributed resources. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to excel in a multidisciplinary environment both as a leader and member across multiple project teams.
More specifically, the Medicinal Chemistry Leader will:
- Design, implement and execute medicinal chemistry strategies
- Establish partnering strategies to leverage external knowledge and capabilities
- Effectively plan resource allocation to achieve team goals
- Provide strategic, scientific and managerial leadership in an outsourced Medicinal Chemistry environment
- Collaborate and contribute to multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams
- Provide timely and well organized reports to project teams
- Collaborate effectively with the leadership team and other departments and functions
- Take responsibility for other project and/or operational tasks, as they arise.
The Qualifications We Are Seeking
- Doctoral degree (PhD) or equivalent in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a strong track record of scientific innovation and success in delivering clinical candidates
- In-depth knowledge of the drug R&D process with expertise in the application of ADME/PK, pharmacology and computational chemistry
- A leader with effective organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial skills who is able to motivate and inspire others with their excitement for achieving the scientific vision
- Demonstrated leadership of project teams in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, scientific creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate with others
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~ 30 person biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution ). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.