In Vitro Scientist
The role & responsibilities of the In Vitro Scientist at Nimbus
The In Vitro Scientist will work with our external CROs and academic collaborators to expedite our drug discovery efforts for molecular targets in immunology, oncology and metabolic pathways. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the design, analysis and troubleshooting of assay development and experiments with external scientists.
More specifically, the In Vitro Scientist will:
- Identify and manage the efforts of our CROs to establish in vitro assays and characterize the effect of small molecules on the cellular response of cell lines, primary cells and tissues
- Oversee data generation from those assays, interpret results and work with internal teams at Nimbus on integrated data analysis and interpretation
- Work with internal teams and external partners on database management and continuous streamlining of research operations
- Communicate schedules and results of scientific findings with appropriate members of the Nimbus team
The qualifications we are seeking
- BS/MS in Cell Biology, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology required
- Strong scientific background with experience in mid-throughput cell-based assays; experience in immune cell assays and molecular biology a plus
- Excellent data analysis skills, proficiency in standard data analysis tools and ability to pay close attention to details of data and results that are being generated externally
- 5+ years of pharma or biotech industry experience required
- Exceptional communication skills and prior experience working across internal and external teams
- Prior experience working with CROs or academic collaborators required. Must have a demonstrated track record of success managing external collaborations to deliver results
- Experience with shipping/customs logistics preferred
- A collaborative, team-oriented mindset
A snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together (company lunches and outings, running, rocking and even bowling from time to time!)