Associate Director / Director, Translational Biology
About the job
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional translational scientist with experience in early discovery and clinical development in the fields of oncology and/or immunology to join our team. The Associate Director / Director of Translational Biology will report to our Head of Translational Biology.
In this role, you will:
- Lead efforts to develop and implement strategies for clinical biomarker testing, indication assessment and expansion, patient stratification, combination therapy, mechanism of action studies, and drug candidate differentiation
- Identify pharmacodynamic assays for utility in pre-clinical and clinical setting; help define PK/PD/efficacy relationships and test patient selection strategies
- Develop clinical biomarker testing strategies for clinical trials, collaborate with clinical team on all aspects of clinical assay development and operations, and communicate translational designs and findings with clinical investigators
- Lead primary analyses of pre-clinical and clinical exploratory translational biomarker studies
- Author and review the translational sections of regulatory documents as well as scientific/clinical publications, and represent Nimbus Therapeutics to present translational findings at scientific congresses and investigator meetings
- Manage relationships and scientific studies with diverse CRO’s, external collaborations with KOLs, and clinical investigators aimed at gaining a deeper understanding of MOA and the development of patient stratification or pharmacodynamic biomarkers
- Contribute to early development of the Nimbus discovery pipeline as a biology team representative for novel target programs and/or new target identification efforts
- Additional responsibilities as needed and directed
These Qualifications Will Help This Role Be Successful
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, bioinformatics, pharmacology, medical science, or related field
- At least five years of drug development experience in industry, including direct contributions to early drug development programs
- Experience in leading biomarker testing in clinical trials for oncology and/or immunology drug development, including analysis of genome-wide ‘omics datasets
- Outstanding track record of scientific achievement and excellent soft skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills with demonstrated success in leading projects and interacting with cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in managing scientific teams and research in an externalized setting
- Experience with small molecule drug development and IND submissions
A Snapshot of Nimbus
At Nimbus, we design breakthrough medicines. Utilizing our powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, we create potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. With a decade-plus track record of success, we’ve built a world-class team in both computationally driven drug discovery and early clinical development while continuing to move the needle for patients.
Nimbus is a close-knit company (our employees are Nimbi, if you are curious!) that values a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, intellectual-stimulating, and collaborative environment. We live by our Core Values: Integrity, a Passion for Excellence, Teamwork, and Authentic Communication and strive to build a community where we bring out the best in each other professionally and personally.
Founded in 2009, Nimbus is a private, growing biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Learn more about us by going to www.nimbustx.com
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.