This position is open to applicants at the following levels:
The role & responsibilities of the Director, Oncology at Nimbus
The Director will lead Oncology program biology working within matrixed drug discovery research teams and play a leadership role on small molecule drug discovery teams developing novel medicines for patients. The candidate will be responsible for the design, analysis, coordination, execution and troubleshooting of experiments and protocols.
More specifically, the Director, Oncology will:
- Provide strategic input and execute on project objectives and priorities for small molecule Oncology programs
- Identify resources and manage work to design and execute cell-based assays and in vivo pharmacology studies
- Work with internal teams on experimental design, integrated data analysis, and interpretation
- Collaboratively develop and present research plans and provide timely scientific updates
The qualifications we are seeking
- PhD in Cell Biology/Molecular Biology/Pharmacology or related discipline with relevant Oncology research experience required
- 5+ years of relevant pharma or biotech industry experience
- Experience leading drug discovery project teams including target discovery and validation, lead optimization to IND-enabling studies preferred
- Deep expertise and solid track record of productivity as evidenced by publications in high impact peer-reviewed journals and/or patents
- Excellent data analysis skills and proficiency in standard data analysis tools
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working across internal and external teams. Prior experience working with CROs and/or with academic collaborators required
- A collaborative, team-oriented mindset
A snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~ 30 person biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.