Director, Contracts Management / Procurement
The Role & Responsibilities of the Director, Contracts Management/ Procurement at Nimbus
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Contracts Management / Procurement will be responsible for independently overseeing the R&D contracts function in support of Nimbus’ discovery and development efforts. This individual will oversee a wide variety of contracts with CROs in the US and outside the US.
More specifically, the Director, Contracts Management / Procurement will:
- Review and negotiate R&D Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Work Orders, Master Consulting Agreements, Consulting Appendices, amendments and other agreements in accordance with Nimbus’ business structure, legal standards and project timelines
- Approve all R&D contracts pre-signature
- Supervise 1 full-time Contracts Manager & coordinate use of 1 part-time Contracts Manager
- Assist with, serve as resource and review BD contracts
- Serve as contact for legal contract questions within and outside the company
- Interface with external contracts attorneys
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures (templates, tools, documents, etc.) internally to standardize workflow and manage risk. Communicate processes/procedures to internal team as needed.
- Ensure contract repository is accurate and up to date
- Maintain relationships with counterparts at CROs/vendors; address or delegate vendor queries and issues
- Understand vendor service offerings and stay current with industry trends and the legal and regulatory landscape
- Oversee and participate in electronic document management for Quality System Master Documents, including SOPs, audit reports, etc.
- Partner with Contracts Manager on training colleagues on contracts processes & procedures
- Complete special projects, including supporting deal transactions and collaborating on department-wide or company-wide initiatives, as requested
The qualifications we are seeking
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of experience drafting, negotiating and executing contracts in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Thorough understanding of the contract process, including contract evaluation, negotiation, approval and execution
- Knowledge of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated business acumen; skilled at integrating legal advice with business acumen and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, problem-solve and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with CROs
- Preferred familiarity with Conga Contracts Management software systems
- Office 365 Suite experience
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Preferred familiarity with Compliance/Quality Systems
A snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~30 person biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.