Director, Computational Chemistry
The role & responsibilities of the Director, Computational Chemistry at Nimbus
Reporting to the SVP, Chemistry the Director of Computational Chemistry will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to apply computational chemistry techniques, cheminformatics and molecular modeling to advance small-molecule drug discovery programs. The Director of Computational Chemistry needs to be creative, detail-oriented and a problem solver with a passion for drug discovery. The successful candidate must have a track record of applying computational chemistry and cheminformatics methods to solve problems at all stages of the drug discovery and development process.
The Director, Computational Chemistry will:
- Apply structure-based and ligand-based drug design methodology to drive project initiation and progression
- Make key intellectual contributions and tangible contributions to progress our in-house research programs
- Work closely with discovery scientists to inform, influence and prioritize their synthetic chemistry
- Design and optimize drug candidates using advanced computational techniques such as protein modeling, free energy perturbation, molecular dynamics, QSAR models, molecular docking based on x-ray or homology models, ligand-based design, library design, diversity analysis, conformational analysis and pharmacophore modeling
- Identify and implement new computational chemistry and molecule modeling methods and apply them in our drug discovery and development process
Qualifications We Are Seeking
- PhD. in computational chemistry or chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, or a related scientific field with a computational focus plus 8+ year’s industry experience
- Demonstrated track record of applying in silico techniques to drive drug discovery projects or impacting hit finding activities in drug discovery
- A comprehensive understanding of data mining and visualization, ligand and structure-based design, conformational analysis, and pharmacophore optimization
- Demonstrated understanding of all aspects of modern drug discovery including medicinal chemistry, DMPK principles and multi-parameter optimization
- Demonstrated experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary project teams
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving through in-depth analysis of data
- Extensive experience with scientific software such as Schrödinger, MOE, Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Discovery Studio, etc. Programming experience is a plus.
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus Therapeutics designs breakthrough medicines. Utilizing its powerful structure-based drug discovery engine, Nimbus designs potent and selective small molecule compounds targeting proteins that are known to be fundamental drivers of pathology in highly prevalent human diseases and which have proven difficult for other drug makers to tackle. The company’s LLC/subsidiary architecture enables diverse and synergistic partnerships to deliver breakthrough medicines. Nimbus is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. www.nimbustx.com.
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Nimbus Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.