Director/Associate Director, Business Development
The role & responsibilities of the Associate Director/Director, Business Development at Nimbus
Nimbus Therapeutics has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and energetic Business Development professional to join our team. The Associate Director/Director, Business Development will drive ongoing business & corporate development activities, support in-licensing & out-licensing opportunities, establish & manage academic and corporate partnerships, provide strategic support for the leadership team, and coordinate cross-functional activities within the organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development with significant exposure to the leadership team. This is an opportunity to contribute considerably to a top-tier, rapidly growing, private biotechnology company.
The Associate Director/Director, Business Development will:
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to partner Nimbus’ drug discovery programs
- Provide commercial assessments and drive analytical & quantitative analyses (e.g., forecasting, valuation, transaction & company comparable analyses) to support business development discussions
- Coordinate and participate in due diligence processes
- Support development and structuring of financial terms for in-licensing and out-licensing transactions
- Work cross-functionally with Company leaders in research, development, finance and legal to support and drive Nimbus business development strategy and functions
- Establish collaborative relationships and maintain close communication with the senior management team and other key internal stakeholders to identify potential opportunities and ensure alignment on current projects
The Qualifications We Are Seeking
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences. An MBA, Graduate Science Degree, or practical business experience preferred.
- At least 5+ years of work experience in life sciences consulting or drug development
- Demonstrated ability and experience effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks across functional areas, weigh those appropriately with benefits of investment, and effectively frame business decisions for senior management
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentations skills
- Fundamental skills in working with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and industry databases (such as drug pipelines and deal databases)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, proactive and resourceful
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution ). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.