Business Development Manager
The Role & Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager at Nimbus
Nimbus has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and energetic Business Development professional to join our team to drive ongoing business and corporate development activities, support in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities, manage academic and corporate partnerships, provide strategic support for the leadership team, and coordinate cross-functional activities within the organization. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development, with significant exposure to the leadership team. This is an opportunity to contribute considerably to a top-tier, rapidly growing, private biotechnology company.
More specifically, the Business Development Manager will:
- Contribute to business development, strategy, and operations functions
- Provide commercial and competitive assessments of pipeline programs and new target opportunities
- Drive analytical and quantitative analyses (e.g., forecasting, valuation, transaction & company comparable analyses) to support business development discussions and due diligence efforts
- Prepare, review, negotiate, and implement relevant CDAs, MTAs, and SRAs
- Establish collaborative relationships and maintain close communication with the senior management team, as well as with other key internal stakeholders to identify potential opportunities and ensure alignment on current projects
- Support scientific team(s) on developing and maintaining relationships with key scientific thought leaders; be the key liaison between the CSO and Scientific and Clinical Advisory Board Members
- Assist in the preparation of management presentations by integrating and summarizing scientific, clinical, financial, and market information
The Qualifications We Are Seeking
The successful candidate must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. Furthermore, this individual will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences. An MBA, Graduate Science Degree, or practical business experience preferred
- 3-5+ years of work experience in life sciences consulting or drug development
- Demonstrated ability and experience effectively interacting with senior management
- Ability to identify and prioritize risks across functional areas, weigh those appropriately with benefits of investment, and effectively frame business decisions for senior management
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentations skills
- Fundamental skills in working with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and industry databases (such as drug pipelines and deal databases)
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~ 30 person biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution ). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.