Associate Director, DMPK
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to our SVP of Preclinical, the Associate Director of DMPK is a strategic leader and critical member of Nimbus’ growing Drug Discovery and Development organizations. The individual in this role will lead crucial elements of DMPK research on projects at various stages in the Drug Development Pipeline at Nimbus.
This individual will:
- Design and execute preclinical studies to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates that support both drug discovery and preclinical and clinical development
- Responsible for the analysis, interpretation, integration and reporting of preclinical DMPK data generated both internally and with external collaborators
- Represent DMPK as the subject matter expert to project teams
- Establish effective relationships with CROs, consultants, and internal team members to develop and qualify methods of assessing quantities of oligonucleotide and metabolites in cells and tissues
- Design, contract and manage CRO in the conduct of in vitro / in vivo ADME studies. Review study protocols and reports, interpret and communicate results
- Prepare strategic and scientifically sophisticated ADME strategies that meet regulatory requirements and program goals
- Author, review and approve scientific reports that support regulatory documents including INDs, CTAs, and NDA filings. Partner with and support Toxicology, Research, Clinical, Regulatory, Project Management and other departments
- Operate as a willing collaborator in a matrix team environment
The Qualifications We’re Seeking
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or health-related field, advanced degree (preferred)
- Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Science or other relevant field with >3 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism, ADME concepts, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamic and bioanalytical principles is required.
- Working knowledge in various modeling techniques and programing is a plus
- Prior experience with regulatory submission (e.g., IND, BLA and/or NDA) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills required with experience working on cross functional teams
- Ability to navigate, problem-solve, execute, and lead in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
A Snapshot of Nimbus
Nimbus is a ~40 person, biotechnology company located in the thriving biotech hub of Cambridge, Massachusetts. We transform drug development by integrating computational drug discovery techniques, a cutting-edge computational chemistry platform and other advanced technologies to design breakthrough medicines for patients.
We focus on promising targets in metabolic disease, oncology and inflammation. These include both emerging and well-validated targets that have proven intractable to others in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Nimbus offers a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-focused work environment. The culture is intellectually stimulating, flexible and results-oriented. Joining our team of 30+ people offers significant opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
We also offer a top-notch benefits package (health, dental, life, vacation, and employer 401K contribution ). Being part of Nimbus (a Nimbi, if you’re curious), allows you to become part of a small close-knit professional team that strives to bring out the best in each other by working hard and having fun together.
Join Nimbus. We are making a difference and you can too.
Find out more at www.NimbusTx.com
Nimbus is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nimbus does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.